Friday, October 27, 2017

Lego Haul - 10/20/17

Mid-October brought along a perfect storm of Lego.  The release of 10259 Winter Village Station, double VIP points on all purchases, free sets for VIP members and meeting a minimum dollar amount, no class for three weeks.  I ABSOLUTELY had to take advantage it.  So I did.

The Lego haul from 10/20/17

I'm going to go from largest to smallest here, so let's start with 10259 Winter Village Station.

I really wanted this set because it fits in with all the other Winter Village sets I have, plus it gives whatever train set I purchase in the future a destination.  Sure, there's the one in the in the city, but there's no point in having just ONE train station.  And it's much safer (and economically feasible) to take a train into the mountains than fly in.  Seriously, I don't want to design and build a SECOND airport.


 Contents of 10259 Winter Village Station

Contents of bags 1 fully assembled

The Winter Village Station gave me a few ideas for additional city development.  Now that I have a Lego designed railroad crossing, I have a format to follow to put my own in.  The train WILL have to cross a road at same point.  It's no longer a concern now, and that's awesome.

10259 Winter Village Station fully assembled

So now I've got the Winter Cottage, the Winter Carnival, the Winter Village Store, and Santa's Workshop, plus whatever else winter related in my collection...  I may be done with getting things for the Winter Village region...  Nah, I'm sure Lego will come out with something else I'll have to get.

Grandmother and grandson heading into the terminal to check go onto the train

Next up, we have the 21024 Louvre.  This is pretty much for decoration around the house, as my wife loves Paris and the rest of France.  I'll have to order a 21036 Arc de Triomphe to finish off the trinity of Parisian landmarks from the Lego Architecture product line.  Then I'll have to find a place to put them all, since space is limited.  I can't have ALL my Lego sets and things out for display.


21024 Louvre contents (left) and fully assembled (right)

As a Lego VIP member, I was able to get the 40178 LEGO Iconic VIP set with my $125 purchase.  Totally worth it, since I got $10 of store credit for future use.  Not sure what I'll go with this.  I'd put in my Lego mall if I had one, but that'd be too much work to design and build.  I could rob some of the items from here and put them into the Toy Store that will go in the town plaza.

40178 LEGO Iconic VIP set contents (left) and fully assembled (right)

Lastly, I got a 30609 LEGO Ninjago Lloyd minifigure free with my purchase as well.  Lego's got all sorts of sets out now to coincide with the Ninjago movie.  I don't plan on getting any of those, except for the minifigures.  Lloyd here will probably remain a civilian, since he's not in combat gear, but he could be a Marine with that sword and his skillset.  I'm sure he'd be a great patrolman, and a few of his Ninjago friends are already serving in the military.  I'm fine with whatever he decides to go with his life.

30609 LEGO Ninjago Lloyd minifigure fully assembled

No comments:

Post a Comment