Sunday, October 15, 2017

Lighthouse

With an extensive shoreline like the one in my Lego city, you need something to help people safely navigate the seas at night.  A lighthouse is the perfect solution to help prevent ships from running aground.

The Lego City Lighthouse

Fortunately, I didn't have to design this myself.  Lego took care of it for me with 31051 Lighthouse Point.  It has all the basics you need.  A small shack for the lightkeeper to stay in, a tower to put the light in, an actual light.

Stuff going on outside the lighthouse 

This set came with a couple extra things, like a young girl, some fish, seagulls, a dude with a camera, and an orca.  The dude will be the lightkeeper, and the girl his daughter.  She wants to be a marine biologist when she grows up.  Because why not?

Lighthouse Point with a sand baseplate

I will need to modify this set to rest on a sand baseplate.  I'll swap out some of the non-rectangle blue plates with those that are more squarish.  I'll also add bricks on the backside to close off the shack.  Swap out the camera with binoculars.  Add a shark.

The Lighthouse will sit next to the Marina Launch Ramp to help the ferry and other boats enter and exit the water when the sun is down and the moonlight just isn't strong enough to help an operator see the ramp.

Sets used: 31051

1 comment: