Monday, February 15, 2016

Winter Cottage

I bought a 10229 Winter Village Cottage in late 2012, which I thought was pretty cool looking.  It turned out to be a Pandora's box, as a snow covered house didn't fit into my original vision for a Lego town.  Especially if it's seaside.

10229 Winter Village Cottage

It formed the foundation for a new remote town up in the mountains.  A couple houses, some decorations...  It's part of a winter village now.  Christmas decorations when that time of year comes around.  It's not quite as fancy as the one my wife has, but it has its purpose.

Front and rear views of the Winter Cottage

I really need to come up with a second house for the Winter Village.  Give these folks some neighbors next door.  Maybe some open space between the two houses for a skating rink, an open field for kids to play in.  I did get a 31036 Changing Seasons set back in August, but there were only enough bricks to build one of the three houses at a time.  I should pick up a second one if I want to add the winter scene as my second house up in the mountains.  But I'm still holding out to see what the next Lego Winter Village set will be

The winter shed and igloo that will be out in the yard

The snow plow for this set doesn't go to the cottage so much.  It'd just clear the streets around the quiet little mountain town.  Since ti cam with this Lego set, I thought I'd include it here.

The snow plow for the Winter Village

Sets used: 10229

No comments:

Post a Comment