Thursday, October 26, 2017

Lego Haul - 10/19/17

I was in Moline, IL for an all-day meeting at work last week, and since it got out early, I took advantage of the free time to hunt for Lego's in the Quad Cities area.

There aren't as many people down there as the Twin Cities, but the nice thing is that they have two Toys R Us stores.  Sure, the MSP has some too, but they're halfway across the metro area.  I don't want to drive that far and contest with traffic.

The Lego Haul from 10/19/17

I also checked out the two Target's down there too, but I didn't find anything I liked at a price I wanted at any of the stores.  I did find a couple of exclusive Star Wars items from The Force Awakens, a 30497 First Order Heavy Assault Walker and a 30278 Poe's X-Wing Fighter, so I came home with them.

30497 First Order Heavy Assault Walker contents (left) and fully assembled (right)

30278 Poe's X-Wing Fighter contents (left) and fully assembled (right)

Both of these vehicles will join all the other small Star Wars ships at the Research Lab.  I've got way too many of these things, but I just keep buying them.  Four or five bucks every here or there for a model is nothing.

I suppose I could break everything down and just use all the pieces from everything for other purposes.  That seems like a lot of work though.  And I'm sure I'd have more pieces unused than used.

Who would win in a battle?

I don't know...  I'll don't think I'll ever figure it out.  Oh well, it's not the Lego destination, it's the Lego journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment