Monday, November 30, 2015

Santa's Workshop

So, when you have a seaside Lego town, what do you do with the Christmas and winter themed Lego sets?

You put them out in the mountains and design a winter village around them.

Santa's Workshop

Sets like Santa's Workshop serve a dual purpose.  They aren't just an extension of my Lego town, they are also decorations to place around the house during the holiday season.  My wife has some winter village items she sets out every Christmas, so why not put my own spin on it and do the same?  She's cool with it, even encourages me to set them up.

Front (left) and rear (right) views of Santa's Workshop

I had to tweak Santa's Workshop to make it fit on a baseplate.  The taller portion on the right is supposed to sit at an angle.  I brought into alignment with the left portion, so it all faces forward.  There is a small gap between the two portions, so I should probably try to close that up.  I also don't have any side walls to enclose the facility.  I should fix it all up some day, but that can wait.

Mrs. Claus providing cookies for the elves (left), while some man the assembly line (right)

Santa's office above the production floor

I've got several Santa minifigures, but I consider the one that came with this set to be the official one.  He has the most reindeer, a house to live in, a wife.  The other Santa minifigures will walk around the Winter Carnival meeting with kids and doing other Santa type things.

Santa and his reindeer getting ready for takeoff

All the small toys and gifts from all my Christmas-related sets go into a small baggy for now.  I'll divvy them up between all the winter sets.  Some will go in houses, some underneath trees, some in Santa's sleigh, and some into the city (to stock up the Toy Store).

All the presents cranked out by the elves in Santa's Workshop

Sets used: 10245, 40106

No comments:

Post a Comment