Sunday, January 31, 2016

Winter Carnival

The holidays may be over, but there's still plenty of fun to be had in the winter.  Here in Minnesota, people love their winter festivals and displays and carnivals, so why not have the Lego people engage in something similar?

 
The Winter Carnival

I basically took 10235 Winter Village Market and added some accessories.  First, I put my Santa, elves, and snowman from the early 90's out front as a way to greet all who come for the fun. 

 The statues greeting you as you enter the Winter Carnival

I used the carousel as the centerpiece of the carnival.  I'd love to motorize it, so it can spin without being hand cranked, but the instructions with the Winter Village Market set did not have any steps on how to do so. 

 
 A mother watching her kids on the merry-go-round

If anyone at the carnival gets hungry, there are plenty of food vendors around.  If I was making this carnival more Minnesotan, I'd add beer to the menu at every single one of them.  Oh, and mini-donuts.  They just go insane for them here (I know I do).

 Food vendors at the Winter Carnival

The Winter Carnival also has a Christmas tree vendor.  Only natural ones, no fake trees.

One tree, please

Sets used: 1978, 1979, 1980, 10235, 10249, 40082, 71002

No comments:

Post a Comment