Monday, June 15, 2015

Train Station

I don't have much public transportation in my Lego city yet, but my Train Station is a start.  It's not much now, as I only have four pieces of track and no train.  OK, it's pretty much nothing right now.

My Lego city train station

I haven't found a Lego train I really like yet.  There have been a couple of decent ones in the last few years, but nothing that screamed "Oh my god, I NEED THIS!!".  I think I'll finally break down and get one closer to Christmas this year.  And it will be a passenger train.  Lego has had some cargo trains lately, but I'm more worried about getting people in and out in mass quantities, especially since I don''t have much of an airport (and what I do have is more cargo oriented).

Another view of the Train Station

I built this portion of town using 7937 Train Station and placing it on top of an extra large gray baseplate.  You can only fit three pieces of track on a 48 x 48, so the fourth piece of track is extra for now.

The platform conductor oversees arrivals and departures

A passenger crosses over the bridge on the walkway

This is where the ticket taker would verify that everyone who wants to board the train can do so

I have one train car for now.  Kinda...  79104 The Shellraiser Street Chase came with the necessary hardware to travel on the tracks.  However, I had to strip a number of pieces to ensure it'd fit.  The wheels, cannon, and side doors all had to be taken off so the car can fit under the walkway bridge and in the corridor between the two platforms.

79104 Shellraiser Street Chase train car and extra pieces

79104 Shellraiser Street Chase train car doors internal (left) and external (right) views

I still need to modify the car to put the doors back on.  I also got to get a couple pieces to cover the portion of the roof where the cannon sat, and also had some pieces to the back and front to allow the car to be connected to others.

The 79104 Shellraiser Street Chase train car sitting at the station

Once I get a Lego train, I'll plan it's route in and out of the city.  I don't need to worry about a destination, because there really isn't anywhere for the train to go.

Although...  Maybe I can connect it to the mountain winter resort area.  That'd be nice.  But that's a project for another day.

Sets used: 7937, 79104

No comments:

Post a Comment