Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Lego Haul - 5/31/15

Another pay day, another dollar spent on Lego bricks.  I made another Lego run on Sunday, and overwhelmed with all the currently available products, I decided on just a few sets.  I grabbed the last two Simpsons Series 2 minifigures I needed to complete the set and a 10692 Lego Creative Bricks set.

Sunday's hall from the Lego store

I didn't want to drop too much on Lego bricks, as my wife and I will be traveling soon.  After I return, I'll ramp up my procurement efforts to normal levels.

Contents of 10692 Lego Creative Bricks (in the original bags, left, and all opened and laid out, right)

I plan on getting all the Lego Classic sets for the bricks and ideas for models to build.  This set had a design for a sheep, which I will put in my Lego playground that is currently in development, and the mini lighthouse, which I might put out at the lake shore area as a decorative piece.

The contents of 10692 Lego Creative Bricks all fit in a large cup

The price of this set is pretty good, considering it's about the same as a large cup of bricks, with way more variety than one would see in a lifetime on the Pick-A-Brick wall.  I look forward getting the other sets over the next several months.

My other purchase were the Dr. Hibbert and Patty Bouvier Simpsons minifigures from series 2.  Dr. Hibbert was the toughest one to find, as he is quite similar to Date Night Homer.  The only way I was able to find him was that I noticed Dr. Hibbert did not have the round protruding nose that Homer did.  Both minifigs only have a single 2x2 flat tile as an accessory and the same basic head shape.  Patty was quite easy to find, as she's the only one with a purse.


No comments:

Post a Comment