Sunday, May 31, 2015

Family House

The 31012 Family House is another residence in my Lego city.  This set, unlike the Apple Tree House, came with a couple and a car, so I didn't have to add anything to build it up.

31012 Family House fully assembled

Lego calls it a "Family House", but it only came with a married couple.  No kids...  But the house is pretty nice, so the man and woman must make a comfortable living to get a place this nice.

The wife out on the balcony and the husband playing with the RC car

I like how the house came with a car.  I don't have many civilian vehicles in my Lego city.  I should sit down and build more, as I do have the necessary pieces.  Maybe I could open a car dealership...  Heck, these two Family House residents could even own it!!

A nice yellow convertible in the garage

The house really only has one room, but I don't care.  I'm not expecting nor wanting as elaborate as a doll house with bedrooms and kitchens and living rooms.  When I play Lego's my minifigures will be spending more time outside than in.

Internal view of the Family House

Another great feature is the light brick and fixture inside.  It's a nice touch, and it's always fun to turn it on and off.

The lights are on

One issue I got is that the plates the Family House sits on take up a space of 24x32 and splits in half down the middle.  I'd like to put it on a 32x32 baseplate, but then I lose the ability to open the house up.  Not that I'd really need to, as I can take the roof off.  I also run into the gray plate in the back right corner.  I've got a 16x16 gray baseplate, and a 16x16 green one for the right side, along with a 32x16 green one for the left side.  I'll have to play with it some more before I settle on a "final" design.

Opening the Family House up

Sets used: 31012

No comments:

Post a Comment