Thursday, June 11, 2015

Lego Haul - 6/7/15

My wife and I were visiting South Dakota this past weekend, and since there was a Toys 'R' Us within walking distance, we decided to check it out.  Although they had the normal markup I expected of a Toys 'R' Us, we did grab a couple of sets.  I got a 40181 Bricktober Pizza Place and 40055 Halloween Pumpkin.

The Lego haul from the Toys 'R' Us in South Dakota on 6/7/15

The Halloween Pumpkin was an odd thing to find at Toys 'R' Us, but typical of the low asset turnover those stores usually have.  Especially since this was the 2013 Halloween set that Lego released.  It's nearly two years old and I found it!!  It will be a great addition to the other Halloween sets I have.

40055 Halloween Pumpkin full assembled.

I also grabbed a 40181 Bricktober Pizza Place, which I've added onto the two Bricktober sets I got in Moline last month.  I wasn't able to find the movie theater to complete the series, so I'll have to go to a Toys 'R' Us in the Twin Cities to finish off this little diorama.

40181 Bricktober Pizza Place contents (left) and fully assembled (right)

I'm still not sure where I'm going to put all this in my Lego City.  I can put the vehicles in my Toy Store.  As for the buildings, I could maybe open an art store or a school to house them.  I don't know yet, but that's at the bottom my priority list.  I've got a million other things I need to finish up first.

Three-fourths of the Bricktober diorama I've assembled so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment