Saturday, June 20, 2015

Lego Haul - 6/18/15

Well, Lego made me an offer I couldn't refuse.  So I took it.  I didn't want them to break my thumbs.

This June, Lego was giving anyone who bought more than $75 worth of merchandise a free exclusive Winter Soldier minifigure.  Not only that, but there were double VIP points on Jurassic World sets.  I pulled the trigger and got three sets: 10694 Lego Creative Supplement Bright, 60073 Service Truck, and 75917 Raptor Rampage.  Oh, and I got a free ticket to Legoland.  I think it's a kids' ticket.  If you want it, lemme know.

When I placed my order, the Raptor Rampage was out of stock, so I received everything in two shipments.  The first one came on the 18th and contained the Lego Creative Supplement Bright and the Service Truck.

The first shipment of my Lego haul arrived on 6/18/15

I've got most of the Avengers, but few villians.  I think Loki is the only one so far.  So I HAD to have the Winter Soldier, James Buchanan Barnes.

The Winter Soldier polybag and assembled contents

Captain America is my favorite Avenger, so I had to have his best friend turned enemy turned whatever Bucky will be in Civil War.  I wish there's be more focus on the main secondary characters in future sets.  Jane Foster, Col. Rhodes, Peggy Carter, and of course, Phil, son of Coul.  I want the whole extended Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D./Avengers crew.

Best friends since they were kids, Bucky and Steve battle it out.

The Service Truck will go to the Construction Site.  I got an extra foreman, which will go into the City Services office overseeing city operations.  This will give me a sufficient number of tools for those working on the new building in town.

60073 Service Truck contents (left) and assembled product (right)

The Lego Creative Supplement Bright box has several colors of Lego bricks that I just don't have and aren't available in any other set.  I opened the instructions and built one thing, then another, then...  Pretty much everything in the manual.  Cake, a butterfly, a guitar, a rabbit, a birdhouse, and a flower.  I've got them all sitting on the shelf for now.  I don't think they'll stay assembled, as I have plans for the bricks (mainly the Princess Play Castle I'll be building later this summer).

10694 Lego Creative Supplement Bright contents (left) and assembled product (right)

Part two tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment