Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Marina

I may not have mentioned this in the past, or maybe I did.  Maybe you inferred from the context of or the pictures of my Lego city.  In any case, I'll just tell you.  It's a coastal city.  It always has been.  At first is was along a lake, but after I developed ideas for buildings alongside it, it lies next to the ocean.

A wide shot of the virtual model for the Marina

I came up with a number of items to put on the coast that I considered "standard" for a city by the sea.  A launch ramp for boat owners to get their crafts into the water.  An office building to oversee coastal operations.  Some docks for those who need to come ashore.

The Launch Ramp, Marina Office, and Docks

I'm still trying to find things to put by the ocean.  I'm missing some beachfront property, and I'd also like to put a scientific oceanic research facility there as well (I have several Aquazone sets from the mid-90's that need a purpose).  Before I created my Lake Shore area outside the city, I did have some of the housing units oceanside, but I ended up with too many, hence the creation of the Lake Shore.  Live and learn, I suppose...

The Police Dock and Marina Shop

Thanks to my Marine Base, I felt they needed an outpost along the sea to look out for oncoming invasion forces.  Sure, it sounds a bit medieval, but so are the men and women stationed here.  A couple of cannons, some patrol boats, pirates and knights armed with guns and swords.  No one is getting by these forces.

The Marine Fortification

Over the next few months, I'll go more in depth into the buildings on the coastline.  Just wanted to get you a bit of a preview here, so take a look and maybe you'll get some ideas as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment