Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Lego Haul - 10/30/16

My wife and I were finally able to get Lego Dimensions working after the 2.0.0 update, so we lifted our band on buying sets for that game.

The Lego Haul from 10/30/16

We did have to wait a couple of days before playing the new content, as I had a midterm exam on Halloween (seriously, who does that?).  I did get a little anxious opening the boxes and forgot to take pictures of their contents.

71247 Harry Potter Team Pack (left) and 71228 The Ghostbusters Level Pack (right), both fully assembled

We got 71228 The Ghostbusters Level Pack, 71242Ghostbusters Story Pack, and 71247 Harry Potter Team Pack.  This really helped open up a bunch of content.  We got to play the classic Ghostbusters content, plus the new The Shard realm. 

71242 Ghostbusters Story Pack contents (left) and fully assembled (right)

The ability to capture ghosts was paramount to completing several levels with 100% completion, in addition to more gold bricks in the free play worlds.  Harry Potter and Voldemort add some new unique abilities like Diffindo and Parseltongue Doors.  Not sure what that means, as we've only done the first level of the new realm.

That new realm rocks, as it follows the plot of the new Ghostbusters movie.  Fortunately, my wife and I are able to share Holtzmann like two civilized adults.  Kate McKinnon is so good...

All the new Lego Dimensions products, assembled and ready to go

With the new Lego Dimensions sets, I'll have to seriously revise my Lego Dimensions Cost Analysis report.  I've got a list of the new characters' abilities, but until I understand those that were not in the original game, I won't throw it together.  I'll be sure to include vehicle abilities as well.  Some vehicles can make characters  redundant.

Of course, at this point, I'm probably going to end up buying everything and recommending that you should do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment