Saturday, January 14, 2017

Lego Haul - 1/12/17

My wife and I went down to Walt Disney World again this week.  As we did last time, we had to head over to Disney Springs and shop at the Lego store there.  I had more than $150 in gift cards that I got from my family for Christmas.  They had to go.

The Lego Haul from Disney Springs

I think I spent about $70 getting a small cup of Lego's, 11 The Lego Batman Movie minifigures, and a 40236 Romantic Valentine Picnic, and a free 30524 Mini Batwing for spending $35.  I had to wait until we came home to assemble everything, but I had no issue waiting. for that.

I first put together my 40236 Romantic Valentine Picnic.  I'm torn between two uses for it.  I can add it to my Valentine's Holiday Decorations, but with the nice picnic layout, they'd be great to sit in my Park.  That's still under design, but the more elements I get, the easier it's going to be lay everything out.  If you have too few sets or too much room for a layout, it can be tough to determine where to put everything.

 40236 Romantic Valentine Picnic contents (left) and fully assembled (right)

I filled up the small cup I brought to Florida with various bricks.  The brick yellow 1x4 and 2x4 bricks will go to the Pony Farm.  I've been working on some new building designs, but after I put both the office and the barn on a single 32x32 baseplate, I realized that I couldn't fit both onto it.  I'm considering either putting the office over the band, or getting a second base plate and putting them side by side.

The white wall elements will go into the shower display in my Plumber Shop, and the 4 2x4 brown bricks will go to my Cargo Terminal at the Airport.

Contents of my small cup of Lego's

The 30524 Mini Batwing will be yet another drone that the scientists and engineers in the Research Lab are working on.  I've got so many little aircraft from various sets.  It's ridiculous.

The 30524 Mini Batwing fully assembled

My wife and I stocked up on some Lego Batman Movie minifigures and wound up with 10 new ones.  I got Barbara Gordon, Clan of the Cave Batman, King Tut, Lobster-Lovin' Batman, Nurse Harley Quinn, Orca, The Calculator, The Eraser, The Joker - Arkham Asylum, and Vacation Batman.  As you can see in the image below, I wound up with 2 Lobster-Lovin' Batman.  I thought one of them was Fairy Batman.  The lobster felt like wings.

71017 The Lego Batman Minifigures

I still have 6 more to find.  Maybe next weekend I'll try to find them somewhere.  We haven't seen any in our nearby Target.  The local Lego store does have them, but we're still trying to figure out a time when the Mall of America would be slow enough where we wouldn't have to deal with crowds.  Guess I could do what I did when I first moved down here.  Take time off from work in the middle of the week to head down there.  That always worked well for me.  I highly recommend it, if you can afford to do so...

No comments:

Post a Comment