Sunday, January 15, 2017

Marina Office

Every seashore area with boats and ferries and whatnot need an office to oversee marina operations.  I got one for my Lego city.

The Marina Office

At first, it was going to handle all watercraft business operations.  Both boat and equipment rentals.  Then I found 4644 Marina at a Toys'R'Us, which had a store for equipment rental (SCUBA tanks, flippers, surfboards, fishing rods, life jackets).  My original design of the Marina Office has a service window and a cash register.  I didn't want to change it, since the office would still handle boat rentals, so I kept them.

The service window at the Marina Office

The office is elevated over the water.  I got a number of supports coming up, on which the floor is placed upon.  I felt it was a good idea to have the office propped up so the people running it could oversee boat operation a bit better than just sitting at "ground" level.  It also matched up with the elevation of the surrounding structures.


The Captain overseeing what's in the water outside the office

Sets used: 71001

No comments:

Post a Comment