Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Lego Haul - 8/6/16

A few weeks ago, my wife and I went to see the new Ghostbusters movie, and it was A-MAZ-ING!!  They took an old idea and put a new spin on it.  Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon were hilarious, Melissa McCarthy and Kristen Wiig  provided solid performances, and it was a great social commentary on geek culture.  The cameos from the original cast were well placed, making the flick an excellent tribute to the original from 1984.  Ghostbusters was well worth the price of admission.

The Lego Haul from 8/6/16

As such, I had to get the new Ghostbusters set from the Lego store.  I lucked out and get the last one in stock last Saturday, then spent the afternoon putting it together.  75828 Ecto-1 & 2 came with the main cast and a demon ghost for them to bust.  I've got it up on a shelf right now with the original Ectomobile set, 21108.  It was a brilliant idea that Lego decided to get the licensing rights to the original movie, then the firehouse, then new version as well.  A great business move, in my opinion

75828 Ecto-1 & 2 contents (left) and fully assembled (right)

I grabbed a 60100 Airport Starter Set, so I can continue amassing elements for my town's airport.  I've got the cargo terminal pieces already, so I'm looking for more passenger plane objects so the folks can fly around (like maybe up to the mountains or something).  Most of this set is orientated towards mail delivery services, but I can use that to my advantage and enhance my Delivery Services building with a few more employees and stuff for them to handle.

60100 Airport Starter Set contents (left) and fully assembled (right)

I was aiming to get $75 worth of Lego's, so I could get the free 40220 London Bus.  I added a sand baseplate to get me over the mark.  The bus is more for decoration, as it's not big enough to put any minifigures in.  I guess I could put it with my Lego Big Ben, but it's quite large for that.  Maybe if I got that new larger Big Ben set.  But I won't.

40220 London Bus contents (left) and fully assembled (right)

I don't know why Google is uploading my pictures like the one of the contents above rotated 90 degrees.  I'm sure if I migrated my blog off of Blogger, or maybe moved my photos to another server, I wouldn't run into this problem anymore.  If you know of a way to fix it, please let me know.

All my new sets assembled and ready to go

Rumor has it that Series 16 minifigures are available from Lego, a month earlier than I expected.  I'll have to go hunting for some this upcoming weekend.  Stay tuned, sports fans...

No comments:

Post a Comment