Sunday, July 31, 2016

Mountain Hut

Not every cabin and cottage out by the lake is on the lake shore itself.  The Mountain Hut is upstream a bit from the lake, at the foothill of the nearby mountains.

The Mountain Hut

I'm not sure how I'd build a mountain to put this hut in position next to it.  Nor do I know what kind of baseplate to put it on.  It opens up off-center, with 8 studs to the left and 24 to the right.  I've got one 8x32 baseplate, but I'd need a second one to finish it off.  I've got a 16x32 baseplate, but I debate if I'd really want to use my green one, or if I'd want to track down some blue ones.

My other option would be to get a 32x32 baseplate and lift the plates up and place some tiles on the left to open the hut up.  Then I'd have to buy enough green tile pieces to get that to work.

Damned if I do, damned if I don't.  Either way, I'll have to make an investment to get this on a baseplate.  I'm probably better off saying to heck with it and not caring.


Inside the Mountain Hut

If I do get a baseplate for this set, I'd also have to take the river into account.  Before I got this set, I wasn't thinking of putting a river anywhere in my Lego world, but this Mountain Hut introduced a new opportunity to design a geological feature.  For the most part, the lake was just going to standalone, but since I live in Minnesota, it'd be more apt to connect it to a source.

A couple of mountain climbers practice scaling this height outside the Mountain Hut

As for the mountains?  I don't have that kind of time or money to build a freakin' mountain.  I can barely handle molehills...

Sets used: 31025, 71002

No comments:

Post a Comment