Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Lego Haul - 8/12-14/16

During the weekend of August 12-14, my wife and I went hunting for Lego's, after she discovered Series 16 minifigures at the Target in Bloomington, MN.  We'll get to those later, as Target also had a deal that weekend on Lego Dimension sets.

We got three Fun Packs for Lego Dimensions, 71231 UniKitty, 71234 Sensei Wu, and 71222 Laval for 40% off, so we essentially got a free set out of the deal.  These sets gave us access to two additional worlds, Ninjago and Legends of Chima. 

New Lego Dimensions sets (clockwise from bottom left) 71222 Laval, 71231 UniKitty, and 71234 Sensei Wu

UniKitty didn't unlock a new world like the other two characters, but activating Rainbow LEGO Objects is her exclusive domain, we decided to get her.

71231 UniKitty contents (left) and fully assembled (right)

Sensei Wu, like all Ninjago characters, have the Spinjitzu ability, but we got him for his Pole Vault ability, a talent only he and Legolas possess.

71234 Sensei Wu contents (left) and fully assembled (right)

Laval can Deflect Lasers, which we haven't had a chance to use yet, but his CHI power is quite useful.

71222 Laval contents (left) and fully assembled (right)

With all the new Lego Dimensions sets, my wife and I have been going back through all the levels we've completed, but we'll need to do again as we're still missing a few abilities.  We haven't got any Ghostbusters , Doctor Who, Simpsons, or the Portal 2 sets yet.  We'll keep our eyes open for additional deals, especially with the next series of game packs coming out next month.

The new Lego Dimension sets, ready for action

My wife went to Target in Bloomington, found Series 16 minifigures and grabbed 5 of them.  We went back the following day to try to get the rest of them.  We very nearly did, as we were only missing Penguin Boy and ended up with two Cute Little Devil's.  I think I'll give the extra one to my nephew at Christmas.

Series 16 Minifigures

I haven't thought much about where everyone will be going yet, as I've been working on other non-Lego related stuff lately.  I managed to finish up my semester of school, so I've got a bit of free time before my next class starts.  I'm not sure about more purchases, as Christmas is only a few months away, but I've still got plenty of buildings to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment