Monday, August 31, 2015

Delivery Services

Delivery Services wasn't a necessity for my Lego Town, but I thought it'd be a decent challenge.  I didn't feel like building just a post office would be sufficient, as I wanted something that would include document services, like printing.  More like a Mailboxes Etc. or Kinko's style store.

If it absolutely, positively has to be there...  Meh, whenever...

When it came to deciding on a color scheme for a Deliver Services building, it was kind of a no-brainer.  You can't get purple bricks on the Pick-A-Brick wall, so I went with a brown and yellow combination, to resemble UPS.  I admit, I prefer them to FedEx because of good customer service in the past.  I wish the employees had uniforms to match.

Delivery Services hard at work sorting through packages

Building a delivery truck was kind of tough, not only buying all the pieces but also ensuring it was structurally sound.  I'm very happy with how it came out.  Yeah, yellow doors on a brown van is kind of tacky, but it matches the building, so I'm OK with it.

Loading up the truck to bring packages to the peoples.

Packages are easy to make.  Just take a brick or a plate, and slap a similarly-sized flat tile on top of it.  Not too tough at all.  Just keep checking your local Lego store's Pick-A-Brick wall and grab some tiles once they become available.  Once you have tiles, grab the appropriate brick to go with it.

Packages come in all different colors

As I stated before, my Delivery Services also handles the daily mail routes, bringing the citizens their letters and newspapers.  I will need to build more mailboxes, but that can wait until I get more roads in place.

Checking the e-mail...  Er, um, the p-mail?

No comments:

Post a Comment