Monday, August 15, 2016

Fairgrounds

It's August, so it's nearly fair time.  The Minnesota State Fair is one of the biggest events this time of year, and one of the biggest in the United States.  In honor of it, this post (and the next one) are dedicated to it.  Today, we'll be looking at the Fairgrounds outside my Lego City

Most of the Fairgrounds

As you can tell from the photo above, the Fairgrounds are quite large.  I couldn't fit everything on the platform I use to take pictures of my creations, so I had to split it up here.  Although my table is big enough to fit everything, my cardboard backdrop and my tagboard bottom pieces can't hide what's in the background of my apartment.  No worries though.  If I didn't want to build big stuff and take pictures of it, I wouldn't be blogging about it.

Hot dog, balloon, and ice cream vendors (clockwise from top left)

The Fairgrounds are mostly the Ferris wheel and the mixer, plus some vendors and games.  All the classic things you'd expect to find at a fair.

Various fairgoers enjoying their time outside

Since the Fairgrounds are so big, they're located outside the city, near the lake.  Unlike the Minnesota State Fair, which is located in St. Paul, right next to the U of M campus.


Elements of the Mixer laid out

I also have a carousel with another game that could have went with the Fairgrounds if it wasn't winter-oriented.  I don't have the pieces to build a replica specifically for the Fairgrounds, but no big deal.  A Ferris wheel and a spinning, nauseating mixer should be enough entertainment for everyone.

Step right up and get your tickets here, folks.

I don't have much more to say here, so I'll let you go along and check out the rest of the fairgrounds.  I know when I'm at the Minnesota State Fair, I just try to take it all in at my own pace.  You should do the same here.

Dunk tank (right) and a strength tester (right) are two of the games for everyone to try to win a prize at


Spinning around the mixer

 Sets used: 8293, 8883, 10244, 10247, 40078, 40108

No comments:

Post a Comment