Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Lego Haul - 9/7/15

Happy Labor Day everyone.  You know, designing a Lego city is a labor of love.  I put many hours into constructing buildings, laying everything out, planning for more...  It's not a full-time job, but I think about it like it is.

I do my best to stay on top of upcoming sets, to get them as soon as possible.  This past Monday provided me with yet another opportunity, when I picked up a 40122 Trick or Treat.

The haul from Labor Day 2015

The holiday scenes Lego came out with this year have been excellent.  Both the Valentine's Day Dinner and the Painting Easter Eggs sets make nice decorations and great additions to the civilian population.  I hope Lego plans to come out with more of them in the future.  I know there will be one for Thanksgiving, and Lego is always on top of their game for Christmas.  I look forward to adding them to my collection.

Contents and assembled 40122 Trick or Treat

I saw that the Pick-A-Brick wall at the Lego store had some yellow 2x2 roof tiles, which I need for my Pyramid nightclub.  I only had a small cup with me so I only grabbed 43 of them.  I grabbed 57 yellow 2x4 bricks and 8 yellow 2x6 bricks for the same purpose.  There's still a long way to go, as I need 922 roof tiles and 336 2x4 bricks, which would take up about 5 LARGE cups to fill.

Yellow bricks for my Pyramid nightclub

I've got like $45 worth of Lego store credit burning a hole in my pocket.  I want to use it for online Pick-A-Brick shopping, but it looks like slim pickings right now.  I need to sit down and make a list of my next purchase of individual bricks, and then we'll take it from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment