Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Follow up on An Open Letter to Lego Group

What Lego may lack in terms of properly anticipating product supply and demand, they more than make up for in terms of customer service.

So, if you read An Open Letter to Lego Group, you know I was unhappy with my attempts to purchase 40121 Painting Easter Eggs.  Thankfully, their customer service team responded to my feedback.  Last Thursday, the 19th, I received a voicemail and am e-mail for them, letting me know that they located this set in their Austin, TX retail location, and they would hold it for me.  I was able to call them, provide them with my address and payment information, and they sent it out to me (at no additional cost for shipping).

It arrived today, via FedEx.  Faith in Lego (and humanity) restored.

Most people tend to post directly on Lego's Facebook page with their complaints, which I find a little classless.  I kept my issues with them, relatively private.  Sure, I wrote a blog post about it (which was read by like 6 people) and shared the link to it on my personal Facebook page, but I didn't want to embarrass Lego.  I felt I kept my emotions in check when I wrote my letter, instead of lashing out at their for something that's not entirely their fault (but mostly was).  I'll be leaving positive feedback for them in the surveys they would like me to fill out on this whole situation.

I put the set together as soon as I got it.  And I'm quite pleased with how things turned out in the end.  Next time, I'll make sure I don't get behind the 8-ball with the next limited edition seasonal set they produce.

40121 Painting Easter Eggs

40121 Painting Easter Eggs contents

40121 Paiting Easter Eggs assembled contents

No comments:

Post a Comment