Saturday, September 5, 2015

Lego Haul - 8/29/15

My wife went to a blogging conference last week at the Mall of America, and she was kind enough to bring me a couple of souvenirs.  OK, she bought them from the Lego store there, but still...  LEGO'S!!

She managed to get a hold of The Big Bang Theory Lego Ideas set that came out last month.   We didn't have any luck finding one at the Lego store for most of August, but she lucked out this time.    

The Lego haul from 8/29

The Big Bang Theory is one of our favorite shows.  We're constantly quoting it, we watch it on TV every chance we get, we have several T-shirts and other clothing items from the show, we've even got a poster on our wall.  It's been such a bonding event for us.  If it wasn't for this show, we probably never would have ended up together.

Contents of The Big Bang Theory

Right now, this set is sitting up on a shelf on a wall.  Eventually, I'll use this set  to house a tech startup firm in my Lego town.  All the characters will be a part of it.  The scene will function as the lounge area, I just need to add a couple of desks and computers, maybe a fridge.  It's gonna be nice.

Leonard and Sheldon's living room, fully assembled.

My wife also managed to get a hold of one Series 14 Minifigure, two days before they were scheduled to hit stores.  Apparently, there weren't many left in the store, but it's better than nothing.  All of the Series 14 minifigs are halloween-related.  Zombies, witches, monsters.

We got a Mad Scientist.  All the minifigs will eventually go to the costume party.  I'll also rotate them in and out of the fall scene from 31038 Changing Seasons.

Series 14 Mad Scientist minifigure

The Lego store has been slim pickings the last couple of months.  I'm sure we would have had better luck if we didn't wait until the weekend to hit the store.  If only my work schedule would have let me escape for a couple hours on Monday mornings...  Even worse, I let my lack of purchases affect my blog (that, and school).  I didn't post much this summer, but with the fall and holiday season coming up, I'll get back on pace here.

All the contents from last Saturday's haul

No comments:

Post a Comment