Sunday, September 20, 2015

Lego Haul - 9/19/15

My wife and I went to the Lego store yesterday morning, and we're still not finding any Series 14 minifigures.  There were plenty of Series 13, and they were cheap.  Only 98 cents a piece.  Maybe we have to wait six months before we can find them.  Since we didn't find what we were looking for, I decided to grab more bricks for my Pyramid nightclub.

A large and a small cup of Lego bricks

I managed to get 161 yellow 2x4 bricks and 167 yellow roof tile 2x2.  I also grabbed a few other pieces, which I'll get to later.

Contents of the Pick-A-Brick cups (left), neatly stacked (right)

I went a little overboard with trying to put all the pieces together so they'd fit in the cups.  As you can see below, I cut my finger.  I didn't notice it at first.  The red marks on the yellow bricks clued me in.  Totally worth it.

No pain, no gain

I also grabbed a few bricks to finish off the Alligator model.  I'm still missing a yellowish green 2x2 plate for the body, but I'll probably get that through online Pick-A-Brick.

A nearly completed Alligator Pick-A-Brick model

With the bricks I've purchased, I was able to two levels of the exterior, and start on the third.  Although I have plenty of bricks to keep building up, stability of those bricks becomes and issue, so I'm holding off on construction until I get more 1x4 and 1x6 bricks for the inner wall.  I still need about 755 roof tiles and 175 2x4 bricks for the main body.  Filling the cups as I did this time around will take care of the bricks, and then probably two large cups of just roof tiles for the rest.  I hope to find the thinner bricks on the wall at some point before I finish this thing off.

The Pyramid nightclub construction progress, with the alligator enjoying the party.

No comments:

Post a Comment