Sunday, September 6, 2015

Lego Haul - 8/30/15

As I mentioned in my previous post, the selection at my local Lego store has been a bit subpar lately.  When that happens, I have to widen my net.  Target managed to come through for me when I wanted 75902 The Mystery Machine.

The Lego haul from 8/30/15

Target is a good place to buy Lego's.  It's even more financially sound to shop there than the Lego store, if you have a Red Card.  I crunched the numbers, using 10,000 baseplates as an example.  At both locations, 10,000 baseplates will cost $79,900.  A Lego VIP card will get you $3995 in store credit, which gets you 500 more baseplates.  However, with a Target Red Card, you can buy 10,526 baseplates at a 5% discount, and have $2 left over.  

Now, don't limit yourself to just buying Lego's at Target.  They have limited selection (one whole aisle vs. and entire store, more sets are exclusive to the Lego store than Target, you can't buy individual bricks).  But keep your options open.  If you're building your own Lego city, compile a list of the sets you want and see which ones are at Target first.  Also, if you don't have or even want a Target credit card, then stick to the Lego store to get store credit.

Contents of 75902 The Mystery Machine

Enough about the economics of buying Lego's.  I wish there was a Scooby-Doo set that didn't come with Shaggy and Scooby.  I'd like the whole gang, but I don't want duplicates.  I hope they eventually have a set with Velma and Daphne, but I'm not holding my breath.

Until then, they guys will be accompanying some of the Halloween decorations, like the fall scene from 31036 Changing Seasons.  Once that has passed, they'll be headed to costume party at the Grandstand.

Fully assembled 75902 The Mystery Machine on a sand baseplate

No comments:

Post a Comment