Sunday, February 7, 2016

Lego Haul - 2/6/16

It's February, and Lego is cranking up the brick machines again.  When I started building my town four years ago, the early months of the year (January through March), it was slim pickings at the Lego store.  The company didn't do much to release new sets, usually waiting for mid-Spring to put the new sets out.

This is no longer the case, as the world's largest toymaker is now running production all 12 months these days.  As such, I tried to go get the new Series 15 minifigures and a Valentines Cupid Dog yesterday.  Sadly, my local Lego store was sold out of minfigs, but I did get the holiday set.  And I filled a small cup with bricks.

The Lego haul for 2/6/16

First, the 40201 Valentines Cupid Dog.  I found it odd that Lego used a dog, but considering they used a bear two years ago,...  I dunno, maybe that's how Danes celebrate this greeting card holiday.  It's a good dog model, so I won't get get out of shape over it.

40201 Valentines Cupid Dog contents

My cup of bricks was a melange of items.  The brick yellow 2x4 would help me finish off my tech startup building (but not enough, as I am still five bricks short.  Those blue plates with the two corners cut off will be used for a small octagonal outdoor table at someone's house.  The yellow 1x2 slopes are going to be bricks for the outside of the Pyramid Nightclub.

Fully assembled 40201 Valentines Cupid Dog and my Pick-A-Brick small cup contents

Other pieces will used for something else later.  What, I have no idea.  I was looking for inspiration on the Pick-A-Brick wall but couldn't come up with anything. I'm too focused on finishing up existing buildings with final details to think of bigger stuff to build.

No comments:

Post a Comment