Monday, February 29, 2016

Auto Repair Shop

I have a lot of Lego vehicles in my city, so I needed a place where they could get fixed up.  I had the tools and equipment, and a basic idea for a layout, so why not?  Cars aren't as disposable in my town as the are in real life.

Auto Repair Shop

I modeled the building after a Sears Auto Center, with a store portion in addition to a garage area.  One portion of the garage is drive thru, but the other part has a ramp.  I put the tools in the middle between the two work bays.
The service counter with a rack for tires behind it (left) and a customer looking at motor oil (right)

The store portion has a display rack with all the different kids of wheels you can buy, both with tires and rims.  There's also a shelf where people can buy motor oil and other things, in cause they want to change their oil themselves.

The mechanic working on a tire change (left) and a car up on the ramp, waiting to be serviced (right)

In case a car can't make it into the shop under its own power, I do have a tow truck to bring it in, in case repairs are needed.

The tow truck bringing a vehicle into the shop

Sets used: 4635, 6670, 8827

No comments:

Post a Comment