Monday, November 13, 2017

Lego Haul - 11/8/17

My name is Paul, and I have a problem.  I can't stop buying Lego's.

The Lego Haul from 11/8/17 

I splurged last month to take advantage of double VIP point last month.  This time around, I had to make sure I got a couple of sets before Lego ran out of stock and retired said products.

I'll be paying for it when the credit card bill comes...

40261 LEGO Thanksgiving Harvest contents (left) and fully assembled (right)

First up, I got the new seasonal sets.  40261 LEGO Thanksgiving Harvest, which isn't so much about sitting down for a meal or turkeys like previous sets.  I like the harvesting and farming theme this time around.  I'll split elements up between the Grocery Store, the Hardware Store, maybe the Pony Farm and Toy Store.  It should be good times.

40262 LEGO Christmas Train Ride contents (left) and fully assembled (right)

 40263 LEGO Christmas Town Square contents (left) and fully assembled (right)

Next, there are 40262 LEGO Christmas Train Ride and  40263 LEGO Christmas Town Square.  It's easy enough to place them, as they perfectly fit in with the Winter Carnival up in the mountains.  I may have to add another 48x48 Extra Large Baseplate to that area to hold all the extra things I'm looking to add there.  I'll play around with some ideas when I unpack all that stuff out to put in the living room for Christmas.

71349 Beetlejuice Fun Pack contents (left) and fully assembled (right)

I also got some Lego Dimensions sets.  My wife and I haven't had much time to play it in the last couple of months.  With school and social engagements, we haven't had much time to sit at home, but with the weather getting colder, we'll definitely be spending more time inside the house.

I orders a 71349 Beetlejuice Fun Pack, and you can never go wrong with Michael Keaton.  While I was putting him together with the game running on my Wii U, he made a joke about being playing Batman.  It was hilarious!!  God bless the best man to ever play Batman.

 71343 The Powerpuff Girls Fun Pack contents (left) and fully assembled (right)

71346 The Powerpuff Girls Team Pack contents (left) and fully assembled (right)

When I was a freshman in college I fell in love with The Powerpuff Girls.  I thought it was an amazing cartoon.  Seeing it and the other cartoons on Cartoon Network was my preferred Friday night entertainment.  I didn't care what my roommate or anyone else thought of it.  It's not like I was cool in high school, why should college have been any different?

I got both 71343 The Powerpuff Girls Fun Pack and 71346 The Powerpuff Girls Team Pack.  Sadly, these sets are based off the NEW PPG cartoon series and not the original.  I would have preferred the original voice actors to the new ones.  Oh well.

21312 Women of NASA contents (left) and fully assembled (right)

I was quite upset that I missed out on the Research Institute.  Lego did not make enough of them to handle the extreme demand for it.  So I sure as hell wasn't going to miss out on 21312 Women of NASA.

It's meant to be a display piece, but I'm thinking about breaking it up and moving the figurines into town to carry our some roles.  Margaret Hamilton would help develop code for drones and satellites.  Nancy G. Roman would design satellites themselves.  Mae Jemison and Sally Ride...  That'd be cool if they had an astronomy lab or major telescope to research what's out there in space.  They could work with Raj from The Big Bang Theory, as he IS an astrophysicist.

40253 LEGO Christmas Build Up contents

Lastly, I got a 40253 LEGO Christmas Build Up free with my order for spending enough money or whatever.  I was curious as to what came with this set.  Since the packaging and manual were labelled "24 in 1"

 40253 LEGO Christmas Build Up manual (left) and some constructed models (right)

This set gives the impression that it's LIKE an advent calendar with a new model to build every day.  It's true, but it's not like a normal Lego Advent Calendar set.  As you can see from the instruction manual, you'd be expected to take models apart to rebuild the next one.  Going through one model at a time, I was only able to make four items.  I plan to sit down one day soon to determine how many of each piece would be needed to assemble EVERY model in the instruction manual.  It's going to bother me when I determine how feasible it'd be to do so.

Now, I'd like to think that I won't be buying any Lego's anytime soon...  But I do have a niece and some nephews to get Christmas presents for.  I've also got a credit card bill to pay...

Meh, I think I can squeeze out a few more sets before Christmas...

No comments:

Post a Comment