Saturday, October 8, 2016

Lego Haul - 10/3/16

I used some more of my PayPal money I got from mailing a guitar for my friends to buy a few more Lego pieces from April's Paradise of Bricks.

Bricks I got from April's Paradise

Quick tip if you decide to sell you bricks individually on BrickLink: Start your store name with the letter A.  Or better yet, a number, even if your name is Zack.  Searches for bricks will list the stores in alphabetical order, and if someone has to scroll through the list of stores to find yours, they probably won't buy from you.

Of course, this would be easier if they had more effective search filters, like by country or by new or used.  But I'm getting off topic here.  Back to the Lego bricks themselves...

Here's what I got and how I'll use them:
  • 3 Dark Blue Grey 4x8 plates - These will help me complete the floors in my Watch Tower.
  • 2 Black window 1x4x3 - I put these windows on the top floor of the barracks, where the marines chill out and rest when they are not on duty.  The windows allowed me complete the building, which is nice.
  • 2 Blue panel 1x2x2 - I was able to finish off one of the two port-a-potties at the Construction Site.  I just need two more to complete the other one, and this building will also be complete.
  • 1 White Panel 2x2x1 Corner - I just needed one more to complete the fried chicken display portion in the grocery store's meat department.  Jay only had the one, but April had my back.
  • 1 Blue round 1x1 brick - OK, this is not for any of my buildings in my Lego city.  The Gamer Kid in the Midway Arcade Level Pack came with a red round 1x1 brick.  He drinks Coke.  I drink Pepsi, which is a far superior cola.  I swapped out the pieces, so now he's more like me.
  • 1 Dark Gray 6x8 plate - I was going to use this in my Watch Tower as well, but like a doof, I missed the part where it didn't say "dark BLUE gray".  Whoops.  I'm sure I can find a use for this piece somewhere.
 I still have about $15 in my PayPal account to use for brick purchases on BrickLink.  I'm also sitting on $10 in Lego store credit, and I'm thinking about using that before I go to BrickLink again.  Once I get pieces from Lego, I'll go back to BrickLink for those harder to find pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment