Monday, May 9, 2016

Lego Haul - 5/8/15

This past weekend, my wife and I were on the clock with a number of appointments and time sensitive activities.  It was quite stressful running around town, but I'm glad we did it.

On Sunday, we went to the Minneapolis Wizard World Comic Con to meet the cast of Grimm.  My wife got me hooked on that show a few years ago, so we had to get our picture taken with the actors who play Captain Sean Renard, Juliette Silverton/Eve, and Nick Burkhardt.  It was pretty cool to see all of them in person.  We didn't get much of a chance to talk to them, and we would have like to see a few others, like the guys who play Monroe and Sgt. Wu.

But you're not here to read about meeting the actors from my favorite science fiction and fantasy television shows.  You wanna know what Lego sets I bought.  Fine, I'll tell you.

The Lego haul from 5/8/16

After Comic Con, we went to the downtown Target in Minneapolis to pick up some household items and a Lego Dimensions Fun Pack.  Through our first few days of playing Lego Dimensions, we learned that it was quite similar to Lego Marvel Super Heroes, but with a few key differences.  We needed to either hire characters in-game to address certain tasks or get the actual physical characters so we can play as them.  When you buy the physical minifigures, you can also unlock additional worlds.

We decided to open Pandora's box and get the 71221 Lego Dimensions Wicked Witch Fun Pack.  Even if you don't have Lego Dimensions, I recommend getting some fun packs.  You can play with the minifigures, use the extra pieces to build something, and maybe even finish out a collection of minifigures.  The Wicked Witch seemed like an obvious place to start, since there is no Wizard of Oz Lego sets, so I wouldn't be doubled up on Wicked Witches.  She also has the power to blow up silver items in-game, like some storage tanks we came across in the Springfield Nuclear Power Plant.

The Wicked Witch Fun Pack also has a Flying Monkey that can be used as a vehicle.  Not sure how that's going to help, especially since the instructions didn't tell me how to put it together.  You get those in-game.  I'd post a picture of the contents of this set, but for some reason Google wants to rotate it 90 degrees clockwise.

71221 Lego Dimensions Wicked Witch Fun Pack

As is always the case when we go to Target, we have to see what they have for Lego sets.  We finally found more Lego Series 15 minifigures.  I needed 7 more to finish the set, and we got six of them.  We found the Queen, the Astronaut, the Jewel Thief, the Janitor, the Flying Warrior, and the Faun (or as I like to call him, Goat Boy).  I just need a Shark Suit Guy to finish off the collection.

The Wicked Witch Fun Pack and Series 15 Minifigures

Although I felt pretty run down after everything we did this weekend, it was well worth it.  It always is when you get new Lego sets.

No comments:

Post a Comment