Friday, May 6, 2016

Lego Haul - 5/2/16

My wife and I took Monday off of work to run some errands.  We visited Paisley Park to check out the makeshift memorial to Prince.  We saw the movie Keanu, starting Key and Peele.  And we did some shopping at the Mall of America and Target.

The Lego haul from 5/2/16


Lego officially released the new Disney minifigures on the 1st, so we had to get them.  My wife is a huge Disney fan, so it's safe to say that she wanted the minifigures more than I did.  We were so excited to open them all up that I didn't even bother to take pictures of my haul before we started rifling through all the contents.

Our first purchase from the Lego store was fairly successful, as we got 15 of the 18 minifigures.  We had 2 extra Donald Ducks and 1 extra Genie of the Lamp, and we were missing Captain Hook, Aladdin, Daisy Duck.  I burned through most of my Lego gift card to get them, as I had been saving it for a special occasion like this.

The Lego Disney Minifigures

After the movie, we went back to the Lego store again and were able to find the three minifigures we needed to complete the set.  My wife decided to keep one Donald for herself and set it on her desk at work.  I'll probably give the other extra Donald and the extra Genie to my nephew at Christmas.

At Target, we bought a Lego Dimensions starter pack for Nintendo Wii U.  Target had them on sale for half off, so we had to get one.  My wife and I have had lots of fun playing Lego Marvel Super Heroes, and we nearly completed all the tasks in that game.  She's been itching to get a Lego Marvel Avengers, but since Dimensions was cheaper (especially after I was able to get it at only $32.49, plus a 5% discount as a Target Red Card holder), we got it.

Lego Dimensions launch pad, fully assembled.

Our day off was a massive success.  We should do that more often.  Just take a day off during the work week to go and have some fun.  I highly recommend that you do it as well.  You don't even have to buy Lego's, but if you don't, why even bother taking the day off to begin with?

No comments:

Post a Comment