Monday, May 4, 2015

Lego Haul - 5/3/15

For the first time in a month, if you can actually believe it, I went to the Lego Store at the MOA to buy some more sets.  If you're expecting Star Wars Lego's, since today is May the Fourth, you're going to be disappointed.  I didn't buy any.  I got something else.  Simpsons Series 2 minifigures and a set for my Construction Site.

The Lego haul from Sunday, May 3rd, 2015.

First, The Simpsons...  I have a full set of the first series, #71005.  The new series came out on Friday, so my wife and I went to pick up 16 minifigures and collect the new ones.  We did pretty good, getting 14 of 16 minifigures.  We're missing Dr. Julius Hibbert and Patty Bouvier (I grabbed duplicates of Homer on Date Night and Comic Book Guy).

14 of 16 of The Simpsons Series 2 minifigures

Simpsons minifigures pose a unique problem to my city.  I could put them all at the costume party at the Grandstand, but none of them have a normal Lego head.  They could all be wearing full-on masks, like some of the other attendees.  I could build a separate Springdfield, U.S.A., but I don't want to spend $400 on the Simpsons' House and Kwik-E-Mart when I already have all the minifigures.  I dunno yet, but I'll figure it out.

As for the Construction Site, I grabbed 60072 Demolition Starter Set.  I've now got a foreman to supervisor the whole project, a toilet for the Plumber's Shop, another small bucket loader, and three additional employees.

60072 Demolition Starter Set contents and assembled product

I plan to grab some more sets for the Construction Site.  I think I got a full set of minifigures, so next up are some baseplates and a design for a half-finished building.  Next purchase will be in June, so stay tuned kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment