Thursday, May 21, 2015

Lego Haul - 5/14/15

As I mentioned the other day, I was in the Quad Cities for work, so I hit up the Toys "R" Us stores in the area for a couple of sets.  The first collection of sets was from the store in Moline, IL, and I bought the one below in the Davenport, IA location.

I also mentioned that the prices at Toys "R" Us are on par with Lego stores, so I grabbed 21020 Trevi Fountain and a little kitten set as well (I've give that to my nephew this weekend).  

The haul from May 14, 2015

I'll be using the Trevi Fountain as the centerpiece for my city Plaza.  It'll be surrounded by the Toy Store, Grocery Store, Bike Shop, Newstand, City Pizza, and Cafe.  The Plaza will be a great gathering place for everyone to enjoy the nice days and lovely nights in town.

Contents of the 21020 Trevi Fountain

I'll need to pick up several baseplates to layout the Plaza.  I was going to start with 4 48x48 gray baseplates, but with the fountain in the middle, it'd be connecting the baseplates, so I'd need a shelf that's 30" square.to store it on.  But if I only use 32x32 baseplates, I can store the 9 structures on my Expedit IKEA shelf with ease.

Trevi Fountain fully assembled; it'll add a nice slice of Italy to town

No comments:

Post a Comment