Monday, May 18, 2015

Lego Haul - 5/11/15

Last week, I was in Moline, IL for work.  Although the Quad Cities do not have a Lego Store, there are Toys "R" Us stores, which can be just as good.

Toys "R" Us have exclusive sets that are not available anywhere else, even from Lego themselves.  They also don't cycle through inventory as quickly as Lego, so it's a great place to look for sets are officially retired.  But it's not all fun and games at Toys "R" Us.  They tend to charge more than Lego for sets.

The haul from the Moline, IL Toys "R" Us.

This time around, however, the prices looked to be on par with Lego, so I picked up four sets at the South Park store in Moline, IL, all of which appear to be Toys "R" Us exclusives.

Bricktober Fire Station (left) and Town Hall (right) fully assembled

The first two sets are Bricktober Fire Station and Bricktober Town Hall.  There were probably released in October (hence "Bricktober"), so you can see that they're still available eight months later in May.



 One half of Bricktober

There are four sets in the "Bricktober" line, which can all be connected to form a little Lego city diorama.  I'll probably use them as such in my Lego city.  They don't really correspond to any full size Lego sets, so I can't really use them as models for larger buildings.  Maybe I could use them as a backdrop for a theater or school play.  I dunno, we'll see.

As you can see from the picture up top, I also grabbed a couple of polybags, one Ninjago and one Amazing Spider-Man 2.  I may give these to my nephew.  They were more of an impulse buy than the Bricktober items.  I don't have much use for them, I didn't NEED them.  But I'm sure he'll enjoy a gift from uncle Paul.

No comments:

Post a Comment