Thursday, April 2, 2015

Lego Haul - 4/2/15

If a man buys a single Lego brick, is it still considered a haul?  I would say so.

I grabbed another 10699 Sand Baseplate while picking up a few things at Target today.  I plan on using it as the floor for my Grocery Store.

10699 Sand Baseplate

As I mentioned before, sand replaced blue as the second baseplate color (they still have green ones) this year.  I plan on picking up a few more as the year progresses, as I think they work better with buildings that have warm colors (red, orange, yellow, and maybe even green) for their primary brick color.  Since blue aren't available anymore, I'll remove some of those from my buildings, like the Medical Research Lab, so I can use the blue baseplates for buildings on a waterfront (either in town or out at the lake).

For now, this sand baseplate will be used for the Grocery Store.  I wanted it so I could start messing around with a physical model as I'm trying to develop my digital model.

Preliminary physical model for the Grocery Store

I'll continue the color theme that came in 10684 Supermarket Suitcase.  I'll put the meat department in the back, where the 8827 Butcher is standing.  The cool yellow platform at the back of the store will go there as well.  Other sections, like produce, bakery, and dairy, are yet to be determined, but you can kind of see where I'm going with this.

I still need white and green 2x4 bricks, plus some white 2x4 plates and green 1x4 plates to put the walls together.  Once I've got all that constructed, I'll focus on the inner workings.

No comments:

Post a Comment