Saturday, March 14, 2015

Lego Haul - 3/14/15

I made a Lego run this morning to see if I could get a Painting Easter Eggs set and possibly a 3-pack of minifigures.  After those two strikes, I stepped up to the Pick-A-Brick wall to see if I could find some medium stone grey 2x6 bricks to make further process on my Watch Tower.  I nearly struck out there, but then I found a whole bin of medium azur 2x4 bricks, which I need for my Plumbers shop.

Today's Lego haul

I filled an entire Large cup of those medium azur 2x4 bricks.  There are plenty of YouTube videos and other websites out there on how to fill up a Large cup of 2x4 bricks to maximize your yield.  I follow this pattern (from top to bottom):

2x2 cube
3, 4, 5, 5, 6, 5, 5, 4, 3
2, 4, 5, 5, 6, 5, 5, 4, 2
2, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 4, 2
3, 4, 5, 5, 5, 4, 3
3, 4, 4, 4, 4, 3

The layers of 2x4 bricks for a Large cup

This results in 145 bricks.  Some people are able to get more in there, but I don't push my luck.  If I tried to put more in a Large cup, it'd get all bent out of shape and start cracking up the sides.

145 bricks

I also picked up a new sand 32x32 baseplate.  It'll be great for building the beach area.  Sand replaced blue as a baseplate, and I plan on picking a few up for some of my already completed buildings.  I just wish they didn't cost an extra $3 now.  Good thing I bought so many before the first of the year.  And the extra large medium stone gray 48x48 baseplates are still $15.

The sand 32x32 baseplate

The Lego store was also giving away a free Bionicle Hero Pack with every purchase.  It was nothing special.  Literally.  It contained two masks, four arm thingies, a sticker sheet, a poster, and a short promotional booklet.  A part of me was thinking, "why even bother?"  Lego brought back it's Bionicle line, but it never appealed to me.  I won't be buying any, as I have no need for robotics figurines in my town.

Contents and assembled product of  the Bionicle Hero Pack

Both sides of the Bionicle poster included in the Hero Pack

No comments:

Post a Comment