Sunday, March 29, 2015

Lego Haul - 3/29/15

Another day, another dollar...  To spend on Lego's.  I made another run today to pick up a few sets for my city.  I grabbed three, 10677 Beach Trip, 10684 Supermarket Suitcase, and 31036 Toy & Grocery Store.

From left to right: 31036 Toy & Grocery Store, 10684 Supermarket Suitcase, and 10677 Beach Trip

Now, there may be some people out there wondering why I bought two Lego Juniors sets in pretty pink packaging.  And to you I say, "Get over yourself".  Just because I'm a 34-year old man, that doesn't mean I can't by sets with a bit more feminine appeal?  Please.  My main consideration is how utilitarian it would be to have some beach decor, a grocery store, and a few more female minifigures to balance out the gender ratio.  I have no idea what that ratio is, but 4:1 female to male in today's haul is pretty good.  And when I have kids one day, I don't want my daughter distraught over the lack of girl characters.  I think Lego has a ways to do to make it better, but baby steps here.  Baby steps.

The Beach Trip set will help me build up an oceanside beach in my City, where people can go to relax and have fun.  I still need to design a full beach area, but this will really help.

10677 Beach Trip contents and assembled product

The Supermarket Suitcase, along with accessories from the Toy & Grocery Store, will help me build a grocery store.  I've got plenty of restaurant fare in town, but what about those who want to cook a nice meal at home?  They should have a place to go pick up a few things to throw a meal together.

10684 Supermarket Suitcase, instruction manuals, and bags of bricks

This set came with a nice little platform which I'll probably use for a meat department, run by 8827 Butcher.  I'll be putting together a glass case for hot dogs, chicken legs, and steak, with the Butcher behind the counter waiting to serve the next customer.

Platform included with 10684 Supermarket Suitcase

10684 Supermarket Suitcase assembled contents

Both the Grocery Store detailed above and the Toy & Grocery Store will go into my city's Plaza area.  I'll use the building from 31036 Toy & Grocery Store as a Toy Store only, since I have a separate set to use for the basis of my Grocery Store.

31036 Toy & Grocery Store contents

31036 Toy & Grocery Store fully assembled

The Toy & Grocery Store also came with instructions to build a newsstand.  I haven't looked at them yet, but I think I could modify it to use pieces in my inventory for construction.  Yes, the Newsstand will go in the Plaza.

Front and rear views of the Toy & Grocery Store

With additional buildings come the excuse to buy bricks off the Pick a Brick wall and some baseplates.  Since it was double VIP points at the Lego Store yesterday, I've earned $5 dollars in store credit, and I'm halfway to earning another $5.  Those will help me fill a large cup of bricks to put a building together.  And that will be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment