Tuesday, March 17, 2015

An Open Letter to Lego Group

Dear Lego Group,

I am writing you today in regards to my recent disappointments trying to purchase products, both from your retail location and on your website.

In hopes of acquiring a 40121 Painting Easter Eggs set, I twice visited your Mall of America store in Bloomington, MN, and came up empty.  Most recently, when I went this past Saturday, March 14th. I was told that more were expected arrive next week.  Being familiar with this store, I know that usually means Monday morning.  I was also given a redemption code for free shipping on my next online order.

Neither of these things turned out to be true.  I went onto your online store this afternoon, and the Painting Easter Eggs set was sold out.  Since there were additional sets I wanted to order, I filled my shopping cart with other items.  But when I went to checkout and entered my code for free shipping, I was told that it was not valid.  Upon further inspection, the Free Shipping card a store associate had given me had an expiration date of December 31, 2014.

I then opted to go back to the Lego store in Bloomington to buy the Painting Easter Eggs set, but there were none in stock.  I spoke to another associate, and she had never even SEEN the set.  She was aware of the product shortages and commented how that location could not keep 40121 in stock for very long.

Needless to say, I am quite displeased with my recent adventures to purchase your products.  I would expect the #1 toy manufacturer in the world to have sufficient means to produce enough quantities of your product to match consumer demand AND fulfill your distribution paths to ensure your customers have nothing less than an excellent experience with you.

I understand that late winter and early spring are usually lean times for your company.  I also understand that you've recently opened new factories in several countries and a number of new stores around the world.  But it appears that you haven't properly prepared for every possible scenario with the expansion of your organization.

You are a very good company, and you make an excellent product.  I just expected better from you.

Sincerely,
Paul

P.S. -- I will be sharing this letter both on my blog, located at https://velspilletpaul.blogspot.com and with my friends on Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment