Sunday, October 4, 2015

Lego Haul - 10/3/15

Made another Lego run this weekend.  But it got me thinking about this blog and what I'm trying to accomplish here.  Stay tuned for that post later this week...

The haul from October 3rd, 2015

I wasn't sure what to get this time around, because I had no idea what would be available.  My wife pretty much found everything for me.  I'll start with the large cup I filled.

\
The contents of my large Pick-A-Brick cup.

The Pick-A-Brick wall was fully restocked with new product.  Nearly every bin was completely filled up.  Gone were the yellow 2x2 slope bricks, but they were replaced with yellow 1x4 bricks, which I needed for the inner wall to the Pyramid Nightclub.  I need some 1x6 bricks to finish up that inner wall, but I had enough to build up three more layers of 2x4 bricks.

I'm about 700 slope bricks short of building up the pyramid, but I'm at a point where I can start considering the internal layout.  A bar, a DJ's booth, a dance floor... This place is going to be off the hook.

Current progress of the Pyramid Nightclub

My wife located 40123 Thanksgiving Feast on the shelf and grabbed it right away.  Sure, Thanksgiving is still a couple months away, but as we've learned, you have to get while the gettin' is good.  I was so excited to put this set together that I forgot to take pictures of the three bags of pieces and instructions contained in the box.  It will go great with my other Thanksgiving sets, which will be featured in a future post.

40123 Thanksgiving Feast fully assembled.

The Lego Store at the Mall of America finally got some Series 14 minifigures in stock (or maybe just managed to hold onto some).  I needed five to complete the set, and we got them all.  They were pretty easy to feel out, as the parts to identify them were very unique to each minifigure..

Gargoyle, Plant Monster, Specter, Zombie Cheerleader, and Spider Lady

Not sure when the next haul is coming, as I'm awaiting the Holiday 2015 catalog to come in the mail.  Until then, I don't feel like I have much direction.  Like I said, I have to figure out what my next steps are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment