Thursday, October 15, 2015

Gas Station

With a civilian population, there will be civilian vehicles.  And where there are civilian vehicles, there will be a need to refuel them at a gas station.

The Octan Gas Station

Don't judge me.  Lego bricks are made of plastic, which is made of oil.  I'm not a damn, dirty hippie like you are.  No one's driving an electric hybrid solar car here.  Freakin' treehugger...


Virtual model of the Gas Station

The Gas Station was a pretty easy design.  I took my 6562 Gas Stop Shop and rotated some pieces around so a car could fuel up on each side of the pump.  I placed it on a 48x48 baseplate, then added a 24x24 building in one corner, a few flat tiles beside it to represent painted lines for parking spots, and three round plates with a flat tile on top to represent where the gas hauler would deliver new gasoline and store it for use at the pump.  You know what I'm talking about right?  Yeah, THOSE things...

 An old guy filling up his gas tank (left) and a car parked outside the store (right)

Once I got the external layout figured out, I looked inward to add some elements inside.  A counter for a register, a table for customers to sit and talk, and a soda fountain.  I'm quite proud of the soda fountain.  It's massive compared to the minifigures, but I love how it looks.  I need to make a couple tweaks to get the catcher thingy under the spouts in place.  You know, that grate thing under where your soda is dispensed.  (I don't know what any of this stuff is called, I never worked in a gas station.)

 Views inside the convenience store at the Gas Station

Soda fountain digital design (left) and physical model (right)

The soda fountain is so huge that I was handcuffed as to what would fit inside the store.  After some thought while taking these pictures today, I can shrink down the area behind the counter.  The attendant doesn't need that much room to operate a cash register.  Especially if there are no tobacco products or lottery tickets to sell.  That may give me enough room to add a shelf to see some snacks for sale.  I mean, who goes on a road trip with just gas and soda.  I sure don't

A table for customers to sit and shoot the breeze at

 The gas station attendant standing behind the counter

Don't know when I'll make changes to the gas station here.  I've got some parts coming from the online Pick-A-Brick, and once I have them, I'll tear the soda fountain apart and try to get everything in place.

Sets used: 6562

No comments:

Post a Comment