Saturday, August 15, 2015

City Services

A city needs a crew to maintain the roads, work on street light fixtures, ensure fire hydrants are ready to go, and handle garbage pickup.  My folks at City Services will make sure upkeep is done in town.

City Services office

City Services has four departments, one each for water works, road maintenance, street lighting, and sanitation.  The head of each department gets his or her own desk, and the models on their desks indicate which department they run.  I wish I had something more to put on their desks for them to work on, like computers or files or somethings, but for now, they don't do much.

Left to right, the heads of water works, road maintenance, street lighting, and sanitation at their desks

There aren't many people on staff at City Services.  In additional to the four department heads and their supervisor, there's only about 4 additional employees working here.  One of the conditions for working at City Services is being dressed appropriately.  And by that I mean, you're in orange.  I need about four more minifigs to round out the complement of city workers here.

Several employees at City Services

I'm mostly good on vehicles, though I could use another one.  Not sure what type I'd need or want.  I got a couple of cherry pickers to work on light fixtures in town, and a flatbed truck to either haul supplies around or tow illegally parked cars away to impound.  I should put something together for transporting equipment around.  More of a pickup truck with a bed in it to hold tools and such.

A couple of cherry pickers and a flatbed truck used by City Services

Sanitation a particular example of needing more stuff, especially people.  How can one person be expected to drive the truck AND load all the garbage into the back?  Ridiculous...

Garbage truck (left) and refuse bins (right)

I need more parts for light fixtures, especially stop lights.  There are several styles I could go with, as shown below.  I just kind of throw them together as I get spare pieces.  I'm not too gung ho on keeping all uniform.  As long as they are in place, and the drivers pay attention to them, I don't care

Street lights and components

I've also got a street sweeper, plenty of traffic cones, a good set of tools, and a couple of fire hydrants to install as well.  As I get new sets, I'm always looking to see what I can use to help City Services out with stockpiling supplies for their operations.

No comments:

Post a Comment