Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Marina Shop and Beach

As I was coming up with a model for my Marina area, the first building I came up with was my Marina Office.  I figured it could handle all the business that people going out on the water would need.

Then I found a 4644 Marina set at a Toys'R'Us.

The Marina Shop and Beach

It was a great solution for handling all the equipment rental business, while the Marina Office could handle boat rentals.  This also allowed me to get a lifeguard and a seaside cafe as well, to give the oceanfront a bit more character.

The lifeguard tower and rescue personal watercraft ready to save someone out in the water

The shop has a great array of equipment for rental.  A fishing rod, swim flippers, life jackets, a speargun, SCUBA tanks.  Now sure, if you're renting a boat, you'd have to haul all that stuff all the way over to the docks, then haul it back in after returning to shore.  Kind of a pain in the ass, especially at the end of the day.  Those days I've sent in a boat all afternoon in the sun, I've felt quite rundown.  Not sure how to fix this any time soon, but I could figure something out.

 The marina shop, front (left) and rear (right) views

The Paradise Cafe sitting above the marina shop works as is, but I've also considered making it an office for the lifeguards.  An idea inspired by the TV show Baywatch.  Maybe if I had a David Hasselhoff minifigure...

 The Paradise Cafe inside (left) and outside (right)

I know I said I have a beach here too, but that's still in development.  I'll also have to figure out how to connect it to the area under the lifeguard tower.  Like everything else, it's a work in progress.  Stay tuned...

Sets used: 4644

No comments:

Post a Comment