Saturday, March 26, 2016

Lego Haul - 3/25/16

I had this Friday off because of the upcoming Easter holiday, so I thought what better time to head to the Lego store and pick up some new sets.

Boy, was I wrong.  It was slim pickings in my local Lego store.  There were still no Series 15 minifigures, they only had one of the Captain America: Civil War set on the shelf, and the Pick-A-Brick wall wasn't much different than the one at Disney a few weeks ago.

Turns out that Spring Break at the area schools have seen product flying off the shelves at a higher rate this March.  Kinda sucks.  Maybe if Easter wasn't so early, I would've had better luck.

The Lego Haul from 3/25/16

I didn't want to waste a trip to the Lego store, so I got a 31048 Lakeside Lodge and a 76066 Mighty Micros: Hulk vs. Ultron.  With my $35 purchase, I got a free 30422 Kai's Mini Dragon.

Let's start with the Marvel set.  I did not have a Hulk minifigure yet, so I thought this was a quick and easy way to get one so I could finish up my collection.  I'm trying to avoid having duplicates of each Avenger, and Hulk and Black Widow are the last two I need.

76066 Mighty Micros: Hulk vs. Ultron contents and assembled product

Sadly, I did not get what I was expecting.  The minifigures included in this set had short legs, not full size ones.  I could easily find legs for Ultron, but since Hulk has purple pants...  It's going to be a l9ot tougher to make him taller.

Hulk is not in Captain America: Civil War, so I'll have to wait for the next Thor movie to try to get him again.

The Hulk and Ultron minifigures

I've never been a fan of the Ninjago sets, but it was nice to get a little set for free with my purchase today.  I don't care much for any of the Lego sets based on a cartoon series whose sole purpose is to try to sell Lego's.  Ninjago, Mixels, Nexo Knights...  They're all too fancy and complex for my taste.  I also don't need any Marines from the Ninjago and Nexo Knight sets.  Mixels are OK, but I haven't found any I really like, nor a reason to incorporate them into my town.

30422 Kai's Mini Dragon contents and assembled product

The 31048 Lakeside Lodge will be a nice addition to my Lake area, outside of town.  I'll have to find a baseplate to put this one, since it opens up in the middle of the building.  I should be able to figure that out soon.  I won't go into too much detail here, as I plan to write about all my building out by the lake this summer.

31048 Lakeside Lodge contents and assembled product

Overall, I'm satisfied with my purchase.  It's good enough, but not what I was expecting.  I'll live with it, but I hope if my luck isn't better next time around, it may be time for another letter to the Lego Group about my disappointment in them.

Everything has been put together, once again, saving the day for everyone

No comments:

Post a Comment