Saturday, January 24, 2015

Lego Haul - 1/19/15

On Martin Luther King Day, I went to the Lego store once again to try to get the rest of the Series 13 minifigures and a Double Decker Couch.

The haul for Monday, January 19th, 2015

Once again, I didn't have the best of luck.  I found 5 of the 6 minifigures I needed (Unicorn Girl, Evil Wizard, Classic King, Disco Diva, and Samurai), but there were no Double Decker Couch sets.  I did peruse the Pick A Brick wall and got a small cup of bricks.

Unicorn Girl, Evil Wizard, Classic King, Samurai, and Disco Diva

All of these minifigures will go to the costume party at the Grandstand, except Samurai.  She will be at the Marine Base.  I though about also making the Evil Wizard and Classic King marines, but their outfits are a bit too elaborate for service.  Additionally, I made my Series 12 Wizard a partygoer, so why not his nemesis?

The contents of my small cup of bricks

I don't bother much with the Pick A Brick wall at the Mall of America Lego Store.  There just isn't enough variety.  The bottom two rows are dedicated to 2x4 bricks, and I don't need any more of those.  There aren't enough gray and brown pieces to make it worth my time.

However, there is a new blue color, so I can buy them for my Plumber's shop.  I grabbed tan bricks for my Pony Farm.  They really helped me with putting together a physical model to start tinkering with.  I also got a small handful of angular black 1x1 bricks, which will be great for building traffic lights.  Finally, I added some light green 2x4 plates and red 1x3 sloped bricks.  Can't complain about that.

I still need a Hot Dog Man minifigure.  And a Double Decker Couch.  Maybe a large cup of those blue bricks pictured above.  I'll probably make my new run on the 31st.  I've still got about $120 in Lego gift certificates to burn, so this isn't over yet.  The way I see it, we've only just begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment