Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Lego Haul - 9/25/16

In anticipation of the Year 2 release for Lego Dimensions, Target had Fun Packs marked at 50% off, so my wife and I decided to grab a 71212 Emmet Fun Pack and a 71237 Aquaman Fun Pack.  Although neither of them would unlock new game content, in terms of new levels or worlds, they would allow us to complete some puzzles in unlocked worlds so we could continue to approach 100% completion.

The new Fun Packs from Target on 9/25/16

We didn't get a chance to play with them before the 2.0.0 game update.  I had to study that evening, then I had class the following day.  What a mistake that was...

71237 Aquaman Fun pack contents (left) and fully assembled (right)

We have a Wii U, because I've always had Nintendo consoles.  Their games are more fun, and a lot less serious than other platforms.

The 2.0.0 update for Lego Dimensions on Wii U broke the game.  Some of the new features, like allowing four-player action, doesn't do split screen well.  It sucks.  Sure, split screen would be great if you've got more than two kids who want to play.  But just the wife an I?  The old TV and gamepad layout worked just fine.  She'd use the big screen and Wii U remote, and I'd use the gamepad.

That's not the case anymore.  TV users are forced to play with a split screen.  My partner in crime can't see what's going on, and we have a 40" TV.  Trying to use menus to select worlds to travel to doesn't work at all, because things are located off-screen, so you have no idea what you're choosing.  In all, it's been a disaster.  The game is pretty much unplayable until this gets fixed.

71212 Emmet Fun Pack

This really sucks, because we were looking forward to the new content.  The new Ghostbusters story mode, new characters like Harry Potter, B.A. Baracus, Ethan Hunt, other stuff...  All down the tubes until a new update is released to fix this issue.  We've been trying to look up workaround, but no luck yet.  I'm not holding my breath for one either.

Emmet and Aquaman are ready to go, but they have nowhere to explore

Until this gets fixed, we're refusing to buy any more sets.  Traveller's Tales, Warner Bros., and Lego should have done better.  Brought in more game testers.  I can help, I've got some free time coming up in December and January.

No comments:

Post a Comment