Friday, July 31, 2015

Treehouse and Princess Play Castle

Designing things out of Lego's is tough.  Sure, I can do big buildings to house banks, firefighters, and a fine dining establishment.  But not everything I touch turns to gold.

 
The Treehouse and the Princess Play Castle

Case-in-point, I have a 31010 Treehouse.  It came with a small boy minifigure.  To even out the gender scales, I've been trying to build a princess play castle, for the little girls to play in.

Rear view of the Princess Play Castle (in its current configuration)

It has not been easy.  I have high standards for the elements going into my town.  I know it looks like I don't, but I put a lot of thought into every item.  I've got a large tote filled with sets that I haven't touched yet because I HAVE NO IDEA WHERE TO PUT THEM.  All my classic Space sets from the late 80's to mid 90's?  Sea exploration sets?  They're staying put.  Possibly forever.

Side views of the Princess Play Castle

I've got plenty of bricks to play with.  I'm working on combining a few different sets together to get the princess play castle built.  10660 Lego Pink Suitcase and 10668 The Princess Play Castle help me with the building blocks, but I need more.  I'm keeping my eye on future set releases that might be more female-oriented.

Extra bricks I'd like to use, but have no idea where to put yet

I'll never figure all this out.  But it's the journey to my Lego town, not the destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment